The Green Office for KU Leuven is a place where students can act for climate, sustainability and sustainable development. We want to offer a platform and build a community which creates awareness amongst students and society about climate change, plastic pollution and other sustainability issues.
Therefore we are looking for students who are ambitious and want to engage in the sustainability debate and offer them a position to propose, implement and execute their own projects in the academic year of 2020-2021.
Are you eager and motivated to make a difference? Send us your project proposal by filling out the form!
> We did an online info session. No problem if you weren’t there. You can read the presentation here.
Who are we looking for?
- Students (a team or a single student) with a good idea or project proposal. If you are in a
team, one student will be the project leader, the other students will be supporting members.
- You will be the project leader of your own project. We offer support, trainings and everything
you need to achieve your goal.
- You will be able to work on your own project, but also have the opportunity to build a
network amongst other students acting for a sustainable future and the network in Leuven, as
well as the city of Leuven and of course the KU Leuven.
- Write a good project proposal, what you would like to do. If you want, you can always
brainstorm with the coordinator to improve and make your project more aligned.
- A project with a time frame estimated to overlap one academic year, which can be extended
if your project is successful.
- If your project is in any way related to the SDGs, multi-disciplinary, innovative, out of the box
or a niche, this is definitely a plus!
- We are looking for original, creative and innovative project proposals, which can be local,
small scale, but also have a global vision. Dare to aim big and beyond your own safe space!
- Your project can impact and raise awareness amongst other students, or even society.
- Your project has a high potential to raise visibility in KU Leuven and the city of Leuven, we can
help you to get in contact with the right organizations and network to offer you support or
What do we offer?
- A student job (4 hours per week) to execute your idea so you will not only be able to be
ambitious but also have a professional framework to support you.
- We offer training and workshops in any field of expertise you feel is needed to execute your
project (such as project management)
- We offer support and help you contact the right partners for expertise on the topic
- Logistic and practical support to organize events and activities
- The opportunity to work together with other students with the same mindset and ambitions
- The opportunity to kick start your project in a safe space with financial support and support
from KU Leuven
- The opportunity to execute a project with a focus on professional value, which can serve your
further personal development, in a professional or a personal way
- The opportunity to work together with local actors and network with interesting
organizations and initiatives within the city of Leuven.
How to apply?
- Fill out the form
- Tell us a little bit about yourself and your field of study, tell us what drives you to carry out
- Create a timeline and an action plan on how you will approach and implement your idea
- Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 June 2020
- If your project is selected, we will invite you for a short (not too formal) interview to talk more
about your project and your motivation.
- You will know when you are selected as soon as we’ve interviewed all the applicants and
assessed their projects.